Tuesday 30 April 2013

WALL ART CREATED using EK Success Daisy Chain Edger Punch

Just recently received EK Success Daisy Chain Edger Punch. The quality of these punches is excellent, however you will need to apply some force while punching. To be honest the only reason i bought Daisy Chain Edger Punch was a picture showed during show on Create and Craft TV. I decided to recreate similar, just using my card stock and different colour scheme.







I placed punched daisy chain on white card,
which i cut to size approx 11.5x11.5 cm. After I glued daisies, I placed white card on blue card which i cut to size 12x12 cm. Used border peel offs to create a border. Instead of pearls in the middle of flowers, I used rhinestones. It is a great idea to use iron on glass rhinestones (the same which we use for clothes enhancements) rather than acrylic ones. The sparkle will be brighter and more pleasing eye.
I did not stop there. I used Tattered lace alphabet to cut out names, because this had to be a birthday gift for 14 years old girl. Lightly inked edges with pink verso mark ink. 
Butterflies were die cut with Spellbinders dies LE PAPILLON II. I used textured gold card for shadowing part of butterfly. Because this card stock is not as shiny as ordinary mirror card.Further i used clear rhinestones to enhance butterfly and some border peel offs with matching rhinestone at the end. To add more playfulness i inked pink the main frame and place a couple butterflies on it.
Because the girl loves cats I decided it should be fun and cute to add a Large Curious Cat from Memory Box dies collection.The cat was inked a little to create shadow effect and placed on inside frame using silicon glue, to create more depth.

I purchased frame from IKEA. This frame is very good quality and comes in white or black colours. There are many different sizes to choose from, too.
For this project I used 25,5x25,5 cm frame. The composition using EK Success Daisy Chain Edger Punch looks great and very elegant even on its own. Imagine if the same principle apply for card project. Such card would be a piece of art. Don't you think so?

2 comments:

  1. Labai gražu! Ypač ant sienos pakabintas gerai atrodo. Puikus atvirukas:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dekui. mano draugams irgi patiko ypac kad graziai akutes gelese blizga.

      Delete