Wednesday 27 March 2013

BIRTHDAY CARD 'HIPPIE CHICK' TUTORIAL



Dear Readers, I did not write for a while. I have been busy with my other projects. One of them was a card for a little girl to celebrate her first birthday.









The idea for this project was born from my previous project, another birthday card for a girl.
I was asked to create a keepsake for this occasion.







I would like to share with you the tutorial of the card 'Hippie Chick' .


I used the aperture card and globe from Katy Sue Designs.

For image I stamped Sugar Nelie image 'Hippie Chick'.
Coloured in with Promarkers.
added dried flowers, which were enhanced with micro beads in their centers. I glued them using silicon glue. This glue helps to create dimension.
For grass texture i used flower soft.

Next I used Distress inks (squeezed lemonade and shaded lilac) to colour in background of main card. 

Then I placed globe in place and fixed everything with the glue or double sided tape.
To make it more playful i used Chain Link Border Peel Offs 14 Sheets - Pastel Colours.

Added stickers 'Happy Birthday' and 2 flowers made from die cuts using Spellbinders dies set 'Anemone'. And placed a gem in the middle.



 USEFUL TIPS:

  • you can create a shaker card in the same way by placing loose beads within the globe, or loose flower soft/ glitter (of course with last product it will not make noise).
  • If you use flower soft or glitter to enhance your work and glue them inside the globe, DO NOT use loose beads or other hard object inside the globe.They will hit off the place flower soft and you will end up with mess.

I hope you will find this project easy, ad the receiver will be the happiest child in the world. Let me know what do you think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment