Monday 18 March 2013

Paintings in oils. Not only brush strokes





I painted this picture couple months ago. This was my first attempt in oil painting using Bob Ross tutorials. I just love this artist and his positive energy. Of course i could not follow the tutorial step by step so ended up with my own original picture.
I added seagulls in the distance and every time i look at this picture i feel as free as these birds in the sky. Love these birds and miss them as well as my city. My city Klaipeda is located by the Baltic sea, so we have these birds as a part of natural landscape. More that when i used to work on Curonian Spit, i had to go to my work via ferry and these birds used to follow us forward and back while we were crossing Curonian Lagoon.
Curonian spit is one of the most natural beautiful places in the world. A great place to have peaceful holidays.
It is under UNESCO heritage protection. I provide a link for more information http://www.nerija.lt/en
There is a sea museum and dolphin aquarium at the end of Curonian Spit. The sea museum is unique because they specialize into fauna of Baltic sea. The dolphin aquarium not only provides an attraction for tourists, but they play an important role in rehabilitation for disabled children. These kids interact with dolphins, pay with them, swim and it helps them to deal with there disabilities easier, even improve. And dolphins are happy with all attention they receive from kids.

If you have been to this divine place let me and my readers know what do you think about it?






This rose was dedicated to one of my good friends. She just loves roses and she is one of the best in the world. Unselfish and giving. She asked for a picture ages ago, but i did not have courage to paint. So after a few tutorials on youtube and few long evenings I ended up with this picture. It takes the respectable place in my friend's house at the moment.
I believe that giving from the heart makes us richer and emotionally more satisfied. what do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for your heart. you blog looks lovely.

      Delete
  2. Labai gražūs darbai, o pirmasis ypač nostalgiškas:) Linkiu daug įkvėpimo ir tolesniems darbams!


    http://makeupdemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dekui uz linkejimus. Pasiilgau kursiu nerojos, juros ir zuvedru. noriu namo.

      Delete